Summer is a special time when many seek to spend as much time as possible in nature. But it is at this time of year that the police and private detectives of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma receive the maximum number of signals about the loss of people. The Oklahoma City, Oklahoma region is rich in forests, and besides this, part of the region is occupied by the forested Carpathians, so the number of lost people is always great. The search for missing people, which is carried out by professionals, is quite effective, but it is much easier to behave in the forest so that later you do not have to organize a search. But what if you still get lost?
What to do if you’re lost in the forest?
If you realize that you have lost your way in the forest and don’t know which way you should go, you don’t need to panic. Almost every tourist or an active vacationer gets into such situations at least once in his life, and most often everything ends well. Even if you cannot find your own path, professional private detectives, law enforcement officers or rescuers will be near you very soon. Your actions in such an extreme situation should be as follows:
- Stop and sit down. From now on, you should take each step only by thinking it over well;
- Remember some noticeable landmark – a tower, a clearing, an embankment or a road and try to find it;
- If you don’t see anything useful, rely on hearing. You may be given the direction of the sound of an ax, the noise of a highway or river;
- If you have sufficient strength and dexterity – climb a tree to explore the surroundings and find the right direction;
- If you find a forest road, you can be absolutely sure that it leads to human housing.
Moving through the forest, try to have in front of your eyes some kind of motionless landmark. This is necessary in order not to walk in a circle. The fact is that a person makes right and left footsteps of different lengths. This leads to the fact that in a forest or desert, where the landscape is monotonous and devoid of special signs, a person unconsciously starts walking in a circle.
But most importantly, if you get lost in the forest, you should treat this fact with irony and gratitude. Nowadays, the forest code is getting smaller. Experienced private detectives of the agency in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma will surely find you, but you will already be a person with experience in such situations.