Hire the Best Process Servers in Warr Acres, Oklahoma



Hire the Best Process Servers in Warr Acres, Oklahoma

Much litigation passes through the town of Warr Acres, OK all the time. As such, the need for people to hire the best process servers there from the best private detective agencies is also very high. Indeed, the field of process serving in Oklahoma is in high demand for skilled, capable professionals. Sadly, however, many people still do not seem to know what a process server is or what a he does or why.

To help answer many common questions our clients and those surfing the Internet have about them, the owners of our private investigation agency have put together a list of How to Hire the Best Process Servers in Warr Acres, Oklahoma FAQs to help answer these questions that many people have. Indeed, it seems like most persons do not even know what he/she/they is or what she/he/they does/do until they find they need one to help them serve court papers and other legal documents.

The questions and their accompanying answers to these common questions about process servers are as follows:

Most frequent questions and answers

No one is allowed to trespass onto someone else’s property, no matter what. The best ones are indeed officers of the court. As such, process servers have a legal right to approach defendants/respondents at their homes, places of business, etc. Of course, one exception exists.

Whenever a person has placed a fence with a locked gate and a sign which reads “No Trespassing” posted onto it, then he/she is unable to go past it. Doing so would constitute trespassing, which is illegal. Indeed, when you hire the best agent to serve court papers and other legal documents and he/she is certain the defendant/respondent does not live there, then he/she may not continue to stay but must leave.

Well, honestly they really do not get much of a choice. Whether they want to be served or not, it still happens. Defendants, respondents, plaintiffs, petitioners, people getting subpoenas, etc., do not get a “choice” of whether to be served with court documents by a specialist from a Warr Acres private investigation agency.

If he has brought you court papers or other legal documents, you have been served. Period. End of Story. Mic drop. Move on with your day, please!

If you were the one to give the job to a professional to serve someone with court papers or other legal documents, then your agent will provide you with an affidavit of process server. This special affidavit of process server informs the courts about the service of process, namely whether he was able to effect service upon the defendant/respondent. They typically E-mails a copy of this affidavit of process server to the client and mail the originals to the courts or to the client, as directed by the client.

If he came to your home or business and served you with court papers, then yes, you have been served. If you signed for court papers a plaintiff/petitioner sent you via certified mail with a return receipt, then yes, you have been served. If you are going through an eviction process and a process server posted a summons and petition for forcible entry and detainer on your front door and mailed you a copy of them via certified mail with a return receipt, then yes, you have been served.

If you remain uncertain whether someone served you with court documents and believe they would have originated in the State of Oklahoma, then please check here and type in your name information. Most court cases filed within the State of Oklahoma will show up on this website, as will affidavits of process server that they must file in with their respective court systems where the plaintiff/petitioner originally filed the legal case.

If you feel that someone from another state may have filed a lawsuit against you, then please ask yourself why. Why would someone want to serve me with court papers? Do I owe child support? Is a bank or other property evicting me from my home? Why would someone want to sue me in court? What could have possibly happened that would merit such a legal action, and which person or agency might be filing it and where? Once you answer these questions, you can find out if and where someone has filed a suit against you and what the status of it is.

How far in advance private investigator must serve court documents depends largely on what she/he/they is/are serving. Process servers must typically serve most court cases in Oklahoma within 3-7 days before the court date. The timelines for service of process some of these cases is as follows:

These are just some of the many different types of court documents which have clear timelines for service of process. If you need to hire the best one to do the job on your behalf, then please contact us today to hire the specialist from the best private investigation agency in Warr Acres, OK today for more information. 😊

It is highly illegal to interfere with his duties, just as it is with a police officer. The State of Oklahoma considers them to be officers of the court for service of process only, so do not attempt to interfere with their official duties.

The amount of time that a plaintiff/petitioner must hire a professional to serve court papers depends on what kind of action the petitioner/plaintiff has filed and when the court date is. As mentioned above, Subpoenas for Testimony/Deposition and Small Claims Affidavits & Orders require service of process by him at least 3 days prior to the court date, while Victim Protection Orders (VPOs) require at least 7 days before the court date. Other court documents and legal papers have varying lengths of time by which plaintiffs and petitioners must hire one to serve defendants/respondents/subpoenaed individuals.

Also, from the initial date of filing, Oklahoma law requires that petitioner and plaintiffs in legal actions must hire them to successfully serve the defendant/respondent within 180 days. After this period, most court clerks will dismiss the legal action of lack of service of process. Other court clerks may contact the plaintiff/petitioners and offer to extend the date, but there are also those who will not do so.

If you need this task to be done to serve court papers upon another person, then you have come to the right place! 😊 Please contact our experienced agents today for more information.

When you give this job to a professional, there is no set number of attempts that the State of Oklahoma requires each of them from a private detective agency to make. Most of them make at least 1-4 attempts on service, though most make up to 3-4 attempts at one address for one set fee.

In larger cities, all our agents make up to four attempts on service to one defendant at one address for a set price. Other locations that are way out in the middle of nowhere with no one nearby may only get one attempt for a set price, depending on the number of miles away the defendant/respondent resides from our best ones.

The owners of our private detective agency, Dr. Makayla Keefe and Vivien Keefe, proudly say that most times our process servers make more attempts on service of process than most other companies and deputies at sheriffs’ offices. This is just another of many reasons why you should hire one from our company. 😊

If you hire a professional to serve court papers but the defendant/respondent does not receive a summons with the petition, then the service of process does not count. That is why you give this task to a specialist. They are the most experienced, the best trained, and fully licensed to ensure you the best legal experience possible.

Sometimes it costs more to hire a process server than it would cost to hire a sheriff’s deputy to serve court papers and other legal documents. However, in our experience most of them tend to make more effort, can go on a rush basis, and can also perform additional services like nationwide skip tracing, waiting and watching, and more, whereas sheriffs’ deputies cannot.

When you need them on your behalf, then choose our private investigation agency in Warr Acres, Oklahoma to help you! 😊 Hire a private investigator from our best private detective agency today! 😊

If someone fails to respond to a subpoena, then the judge can hold the person in contempt of court and put the subpoenaed individual in jail. Thus, if a professional serves you with a subpoena, then do not ignore it! ☹

When you want to hire the best detective to serve court documents, you must pay a fee. Most process servers, routine serves in larger areas in Oklahoma typically cost less than $100, while rush serves in larger cities usually cost less than $200. Of course, in smaller towns and village-like areas, the cost of service of process by them will cost more.

In smaller towns and more distant areas that are devoid of them, the cost to serve court papers and other legal documents is higher. This is because the driving time and fuel costs to bring them are simply higher, as they will not want to make the trip without extra compensation.

In larger cities, our officials will make up to four attempts on service to one defendant at one address for a set fee. This number is far more than most other detectives. In smaller cities, the set number of attempts may be less, because of the time and mileage required.

Suppose the address the client provides to our best process server is incorrect. In that case, you can always hire the best skip tracer to locate missing people with our skip trace service. Our nationwide skip tracing by our private investigator in Warr Acres,is adept at finding missing persons and locating missing people. 

They can also wait and watch for defendants/respondents, if they are avoiding service. Titled “siege serves”, our professionals can wait and watch a short yet discreet distance away from the defendant’s/respondent’s home or business. By choosing to hire one from our best private investigation agency wait and watch for the defendant/respondent to come or go, we can hopefully catch the defendants/respondents as they enter or leave their residence or office. Waiting and watching/siege serves usually cost about $100 per hour, as of the date of this publication.

For regular cases styled as “CV” and “CJ”, defendants/respondents often have about 20 days to respond to a petitioner’s/plaintiff’s petition/complaint. Whenever process servers serve people with court papers and other legal documents, it is imperative that they take the matter seriously and seek legal counsel as soon as possible.

As of now, no, petitioners and plaintiffs may not serve someone via E-mail. Instead, most people choose what is traditionally the best method of service of process and hire the best individuals to get this job done upon individuals, businesses, governmental agencies, and nonprofit organizations. One day it is very likely that people will get served when they open their bank account info online, their email, etc., but at least for now, no.

The only exception to this rule above, is if the attorneys for parties in a lawsuit have agreed to waive service and have agreed to serve documents upon one another via E-mail or if the federal and/or state statutes allow the attorneys in a case to serve each other back and forth via E-mail after the initial filing and response. Otherwise, please hire the best process server today. 😊

If a defendant ignores a judgment, the plaintiff/petitioner can obtain motions to enforce, contempt citations, etc., that will cause much legal trouble for the defendant/respondent. You can always hire a private investigator to help you serve these additional documents on your behalf. 😊

Yes, even if you do not want to testify in court, the judges can force you to do so and can throw you in jail if you do not. The only time when you are not required to testify about a matter is if doing so could incriminate you in a criminal matter. The Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits forced testimony in criminal matters, and our laws also prohibit our governments from forcing spouses to testify against one another in criminal and civil cases. Other than these exceptions above, yes, you must testify in civil and criminal cases when lawfully subpoenaed.

If the courtroom testimony you must give when subpoenaed would criminally implicate you, then no, you do not have to testify according to the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution. Likewise, laws in the United States mandate that no spouse must testify against another spouse in a criminal or civil matter. Otherwise, the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and our other laws require all subpoenaed individuals to testify in court hearings.

There are laws on the books which supposedly mandate that judges rules on cases within specified periods of time. However, in practice judges rule on matters as they see fit. If you do not like the time they are taking to make a ruling, as justice delayed is justice denied, then there are steps you can take to nudge a ruling forward. Have fun with it though, when the judge subsequently rules against you just to spite you for doing so. ☹

Need Help?

Call Us

(405) 435-8355